The labex-EFL brings together key competences in the field of automatic language processing – key element of the digital society – in the analysis and remediation of language pathologies at any age of life, in language teaching, which is essential for a multilingual and multicultural society, in preserving the diversity of languages in the world (half of the 6,000 languages spoken in the world are not described and one third are endangered), as well as for the support for language policies in developing countries (a majority of countries are multilingual).
Labex-EFL aims to promote these skills and research results within the scientific community but also in the socio-economic and cultural world.
The valorization of the Labex EFL results includes:
- a continuous effort of dissemination through scientific publications and participation in academic societies;
- outreach actions to communicate these results to a wider audience;
- the production of language resources, in particular, annotated resources (lexicons, databases, corpora) made available to the scientific community and beyond;
- the production of tools and devices, which are sometimes patented;
- expertise and consultancy in France or abroad in a variety of fields, from language teaching to automatic language processing;
- technology transfer to companies.
Actions of valorization